Think you can pull off pulled pork? You’re right. It’s actually pretty simple to prepare. For this smoked Boston butt recipe, all you need is meat, a good marinade and your smoker. The best part is that pulled pork allows you to be creative with serving options.
This mouthwatering cookout favorite is featured with everything from homemade barbecue sauce to savory marinades. Serve with dozens of sides, including cole slaw, baked beans and fresh salad. Try this smoked Boston butt recipe and enjoy.
We bet you’ll love it, and you’ll find a few ways to use the leftovers (if you have any)! Add remaining pulled pork to grilled cheese sandwiches, rice or even make your own quesadillas.
What You’ll Need
- 1 pork butt (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) steak marinade, such as Dale’s or Moore’s, or your favorite dark steak marinade
- Preheat smoker to 225° F.
- Place butt in a large bowl. Using a marinade injection syringe, inject 8 ounces of steak marinade into butt (1 ounce at a time in several locations throughout the meat). Reserve remaining 4 ounces of marinade for basting later.
- Place butt on the middle rack of smoker and smoke, basting every hour, for 6 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165° F. We recommend using hickory wood.