Planning a patio party anytime soon? If so, you know that the food can make or break your soiree. Whether you’re entertaining a large group or just a few friends, you want to make sure you’ve got a good menu on hand for your guests to enjoy.
Try this smoked BBQ baby back ribs recipe at your next cookout. You can also make great sides in your smoker, including smoked summer vegetables, or jalapeno poppers.
What You’ll Need
For the Ribs
- 2 slabs baby back ribs (serves 4-5)
- Lime pepper
- Jane’s Krazy Mixed-Up Salt
For the BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- Preheat smoker to 225°F.
- Sprinkle ribs generously with lime pepper and Krazy Salt.
- Place on middle rack of smoker and smoke, uncovered, for 2 hours. We recommend using apple wood chips.
- For barbecue sauce, combine ketchup, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder and garlic pepper and stir well. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove ribs from smoker and wrap in aluminum foil. Return to smoker and smoke for an additional 2 hours.
- Remove ribs, baste with BBQ sauce and return to smoker, unwrapped, for an additional 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Serve remaining sauce on the side.