There’s nothing quite like homemade pizza. You can make it however you want and you won’t have to wait (or pay) for delivery! Whether you’re going for easy pepperoni and cheese, or you prefer to load up with tons of sauce and toppings, a great-tasting pizza starts with a well-made crust. We’re here to help you make sure your pizza turns out the way you want it to, whether you’re a kitchen novice or a chef.
Here’s a quick homemade pizza dough recipe to get everyone cooking!
What You’ll Need
- ¾ cup warm water (105°F to 115°F)
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, more as needed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pour water into a small bowl and stir in yeast. Let stand about 5 minutes or until yeast dissolves.
- Brush large bowl lightly with olive oil. Mix flour, sugar and salt in processor. Add yeast mixture and 3 tablespoons oil. Process until dough forms a sticky ball. Transfer to lightly floured surface.
- Knead dough until smooth (about one minute), adding more flour by the tablespoon if dough is very sticky.
- Transfer to prepared bowl. Turn dough in bowl to coat with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for about an hour in a warm, draft-free area until dough doubles in volume.
- Punch the dough down into the bowl. (To save time, prepare the dough one day ahead and store in an airtight container.)
- Roll out dough according to recipe instructions.
- Add desired toppings and cook on the grill until crust is brown and crispy.