The great thing about kabobs is that you can skewer pretty much anything! From meats to fruits and vegetables, the possibilities are endless. When you’re in the mood for a tender, savory treat, try this lamb skewers recipe and you’ll be glad you did. To prepare, simply fire up your grill and use a compatible kabob insert.
Dip your coooked kabobs in a dollop of spicy salsa verde or add a little tzatziki (Meditteranean yogurt) sauce. Both are pretty tasty whether or not you choose to serve with the chimichurri sauce. For a light summertime beverage, serve fizzy water with raspberries.
What You’ll Need
- 2 pounds boneless lamb roast, cut into 1½ in. cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup fresh parsley, packed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Gather ingredients and set grill to medium heat.
- Place the lamb cubes, garlic and honey into a mixing bowl and stir.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
- Prepare the chimichurri sauce, while you wait for the lamb to marinate.
- Finely chop all of the parsley and cilantro and place in mixing bowl.
- Add the minced garlic, lemon zest, salt, pepper, oregano and red wine vinegar. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in olive oil until mixture comes together.
- Slide marinated lamb cubes on skewers and place on the rib rack.
- Place on grill and cook for about 10 minutes. Turn the skewers every 3 minutes so they can cook on each side.
- Remove from grill and cover in the chimichurri sauce.
- Serve on skewers and enjoy!