Did you know the first Hawaiian BBQ pizza recipe originated in Canada, and it’s the most popular pizza choice in Australia? Either way, say “Aloha” to this sweet, spicy and popular classic, complete with pineapple, jalapeno peppers and your favorite barbecue sauce.
Grill corn or fresh vegetables for a sizzling (and healthy) side dish. We’ll be using a Quattro Grill from STOK with its pizza stone grill insert for this recipe.
Here’s how to make it.
What You’ll Need
- 1 pound refrigerated pizza dough, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into rings
- 1 jalapeño
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded muenster cheese
- ¼ lb deli-sliced ham, cut into large pieces
- Place pizza stone insert on grill and set to high heat.
- Gather ingredients.
- Sprinkle flour on a flat surface and roll out pizza dough.
- Continue to roll until pizza is about ¼ in. thick.
- In a separate bowl, mix together barbecue sauce and tomatoes and spread on top of pizza dough.
- Sprinkle on cheese, ham, jalapeños and pineapples.
- Once the pizza is made, place it on the pizza stone insert and grill for 30 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!