We think sweet peppers are pretty good when eaten on their own, so we weren’t surprised when we tried this grilled sweet pepper poppers recipe! Complete with three types of cheeses, garlic and pimentos, this treat is the perfect appetizer for your next patio party.
Serve alongside steak on the grill, fried chicken or with fresh spinach salad. To drink, we like iced tea or lemonade.
What You’ll Need
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (4 oz) pimentos, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 mini sweet peppers, cored, seeded, and sliced in half lengthwise
- Set grill to medium-high heat.
- Place cheese, garlic, pimentos and basil in a large bowl. Use electric mixer to beat until smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill halved sweet peppers with filling.
- Place poppers in your grill kettle insert, which will keep filling from running out onto grill gate. Grill poppers over medium-high heat until peppers start to char and soften.
- Grill poppers over medium-high heat until peppers start to char and soften. Leave lid on.
- The filling should be warm and melted, about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy poppers immediately while they’re hot!