Figuring out dinner? Why not try breakfast food? If you’re wondering what to do with all those random veggies, a couple eggs and a few slices of ham that are sitting idly in your fridge, look no further. Enter the Denver omelette, a perfect dish for any time of day.
This Denver omelette recipe is simple, tasty, and the added bonus is that it’s also a well-balanced meal, so everyone wins! Try pairing your omelette with fresh fruit, sweet potato wedges, or sautéed mushrooms. And if you have a sweet tooth, whip up a strawberry tart or cheesecake.
What You’ll Need
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup onion – chopped
- ½ cup red bell peppers – chopped
- ½ cup green bell peppers – chopped
- ½ cup cooked ham – diced
- 8 slices bacon – cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- A couple drops of your favorite hot sauce
- Gather all ingredients
- Chop and dice bell peppers, onion, ham and bacon.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Saute onion, bell pepper, ham and bacon in butter until the onion starts to become translucent.
- In a small bowl, whip eggs lightly. Add salt, pepper and hot sauce if desired.
- Heat grill to desired temperature.
- Slowly pour egg mixture onto the griddle insert.
- After pouring, add sautéed mixture onto one side of the egg surface and add grated cheese.
- Slowly fold the egg in half and flip over until the omelet is slightly brown on both sides.
- Serve and enjoy!