If you’re in the mood for a really good burger with all the fixings (and even an egg in the middle), you’re in the right place! This All-American burger recipe will have everyone gathered around the grill for more.
We’ll be using the griddle insert in a STOK grill for this recipe. All you need to add is a few good side dishes. We like our burgers with baked sweet potatoes, green beans, corn on the cob, zucchini, or fries.
What You’ll Need
- 1 pack ground beef
- 1 egg
- Sliced onion
- Hamburger buns
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of bacon
- Light grill to medium-high heat and gather ingredients.
- Press ground beef into a burger-style patty.
- Use circular object to punch out the middle of burger patty. Set middle aside.
- Place bacon on griddle insert of grill.
- Allow bacon to cook until crispy and brown.
- Remove from grill and set aside.
- Place doughnut-cut burger patty onto grill.
- Allow to cook for about 4-5 minutes on one side.
- Once that side is cooked, flip burger patty.
- Gently crack egg in middle of burger patty.
- Allow the egg to cook until the whites are solidified.
- If you do enjoy a runny yolk, remove the burger from the pan once the whites are fully formed.
- If you prefer your yolk more on the solid side, let it cook for longer.
- Remove egg-filled burger patty from grill.
- Place patty on hamburger bun.
- Add suggested toppings: onion slices, tomato slice, sharp cheddar cheese and bacon slices.
- Serve and enjoy.